Renault Megane 3 RS Trophy #477 Cup BRP project

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Dimitri_BRP, Nov 22, 2013.

1. It's a project we've been working on for a couple of months.

If there is one company that has tested a lot of parts on this car, it's us :wink: so if you have specific questions, I can help you guide in the right direction!

this is a recent picture of the car:
    [​IMG]

parts currently on the car:

• Milltek full exhaust
    • Forge intercooler
    • Forge radiatior
    • Forge oil cooler
    • Forge divertor valve
    • Intraxx suspension
    • 235/645-18TL SLICKDH
    • Ktec roll cage & safety belts
    • 20mm spacers
    • Thropy V6 spoiler (more info down)

current setup @ 320PS/460Nm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. Spoiler information:

We bought a second trunk & we fabricated a construction so the spoiler is well fitted to the car and can handle the brute forces. We put connectors between the original wiring & a small valve for the window washers.

We wanted to test the spoiler first so we didn't use real plastic racing windows because the price is high. (+-400€)
    After seeing the results on track, we'll buy them for next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. These are some pictures from our latest SPA trackday

@Fagnes
    [​IMG]

@Raidillion
    [​IMG]

@Les Combes
    [​IMG]

@Busstop (Pit entry)
    [​IMG]

4. reserved 3

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Offt. Epic. Look forward to more updates :smile:

6. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

looks mean, astra vxr btcc style spoiler.

7. So what were the results of a spoiler on a FWD car other than creating drag?

8. Has spacers made handling issues as i heard people with spacers saying handling is ruined with them.

9. No, the car has a 'spacers'-setup with the suspension, so it is better.

10. Nice

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Erm, Lol.

Go and actually learn about Aero and reducing lift etc.

12. No thanks I was asking what they saw as the results not for reading material.

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Your first post implies you dint know much about aero hence my post....

14. It implies nothing other than a query as to the results of what I presume to be real world testing of something. Of course if you wish to display your implied aerodynamic expertise please go ahead. But I was interested in their own testing.

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Apologies, I read your post wrong :smile:

16. Looks epic!

17. to give you an idea of the extra downforce, my mid-sector time on SPA was nearly 7 seconds faster and my braking power was nearly 33% better!

18. I guess it wasn't back to back on the same day though, same tyres and everything? you don't use any data logging by any chance would be interesting to see?

Genuinely interested, I'm a massive nerd so don't think I'm trying to criticise it in any way :smile: (even if massive wings aren't my thing :wink: )

19. Same day, same tyres, we went to test the spoiler. We used a data record system :smile:

20. 7 seconds in one sector just from a spoiler???

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

you seen the length and corners of the mid sector at Spa? More downforce through there would be a godsend for anyone.

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

this.

Was at Spa in October for a trackday and can well believe how much quicker this one is with the added aero, impressive!

23. 800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

I count mid sector on Spa from 7 to 17. Blanchimont is flat out @ 195km/h

@Jamie, if you have driven Spa, you know that a 2 minutes 50 seconds in a Megane is insanly fast :wink:

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

That is good going, My best was 3.11 but it was pissing wet, Like torrential.

I was flat through Blanchimont as well, Changing into 5th just before it so about 120mph give or take?

25. I have never driven in full wet. I did a 3:01 with semis on a wet "surface" with dried out lines.

3.11 in the wet is fast! Than you are a very good driver :smiley:

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It was dry for the first hour or so then rained, wasn't nice when it was damp but once it was proper wet there was a silly amount of grip for the conditions.

Looking forward to getting back next year, hopefully in the dry. Sub3 mins should be possible pretty easy for me :smile:

27. under 3 minutes with no adaptations requires a very good pilot and a suitable car... I doubt that the 250+ cup can do it...

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its not standard.....

Over 300bhp+, Semi Slicks, Pagid RS29's etc and a good pilot :wink:

29. i see :wink:

30. I really like the rear spoiler.
    I am currently thinking about some upgrades to my stock 265 CUP under the bonnet. In the play is K-Tec and RS Tuning (both in UK).
    As I am currently in DE and reading your post, it might be as well BRP. Would it be possible to get some quotes for the work to be done?
    For the beginning I would say:
    - IC + oil cooler
    - De-cat + full exhaust
    - Custom remap (something mild about 300hp and 440NM) no extreme

I am thinking to put the car in Dark Blue and Black wrap. What are the blue wheels you are using?

31. Dear Sebinko,

for a quote of that kind you can contact one of my employees @ info@br-performance.lu. (I have a shop in Sandweiler, Luxemburg as well)
    Just tell him you know Dimitri from RSMEGANE.COM, he'll be glad to help you.

The blue wheels I am using are the ones on the top... however I would never use them again as they are not real blue! more purple!!! so I would advice taking black ones!
    Also, keep in mind they are very expensive :wink:
    [​IMG]

32. thx for the reply, I will contact the garage and hope for some positive respond :-)

I saw the colour on the pictures. and they looked purple-ish, true...

33. Gonna re coat them in black :]

[​IMG]

picture out of the old collection with some British plates so you guys feel @ home

you can find a video from me here, was a long time ago when I was still running with my normal Megane :wink: more videos will follow for the next season!

[​IMG]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=546944528677333&l=650611791304327243

Should work for everyone :wink:

grtz
    Dimitri

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  34. revision with a couple small updates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks strange :wink:

we are going to clean up all, change all joints, strenghten some hoses & make it more powerful BUT reliable!
    I'll make photo's of the process :smile:

35. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

mental, can't wait to see what you do!

36. @Sargara, the kit we have installed is the Megane RS kit, it's not on their site as it is develloped for the Ring... you have to mail them :smile:

37. to do list:

• installation of the new turbokit by LOBA
    • moving the batterie to the rear
    • installation of a direct air intake
    • brake cooling ducts
    • brand new intercooler
    • oil cooler revision
    • suspension revision

38. Have a photo of brake cooling ducts? It is a change that I would make.

39. Very nice Megane.
    What's your wheel specs ?
    Mine Megane is lowered maybe 4 cm and i'm thinking is 8,5x18 ET55 Alleggeritas ok or not (shouldn't rub track etc)
    Originals don't rub.
    I'm also interested weight and price (white ones)