Brembo HC

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Scott H., May 1, 2014.

1. Thanks for that mate nice one

2. I need some rears where is the best place to get the 175 dci rear plain discs? I presume that's what people are using on the rears?

3. £27 each from that site?

4. you wont regret the xp8`s..on my second set,and they are simply fantastic..almost to much instant grab.Change the fluid while you are at it for maximum effect.

5. i would like to know this to for my r26

6. Adam at Renault Wolverhampton will be the chap to speak to for the 175 discs.

7. Are these Brembo HC discs any good? If they are I might just get a pair to keep until mine are done.

8. Best cost affective brake upgrade along with decent pads you'll get mate, get some bought at that price

9. Thanks.
    What are the OE discs? They look like "any old brake disc" on the link. Is that just a generic pic? I'm curious to know what makes them so good.

10. Because their HIgh Carbon and cope with extreme heat mate, that's just 1 reason

11. Standard disc are High Carbon also, but there also drilled, which does naff all really apart from fill with dust and start to crack.
    These are excalty the same, minus the drilled holes and are cheaper.

12. I went from 2 piece setup to this and haven't regretted it once.

13. So where is the cheapest place to get the hc plain rears?

14. You went for alloy bells to these and think there a step up?

I think you should go OE from the rears as the bearing is in the disc.
    Can either get standard 225 rears with the drilled holes, or most people get DCI 175 rear disc which are cheaper and have no drilled holes. Cheapest would probs be Ads or G172 on Cliosport.

15. had the godspeed setup and have noticed no difference on the track with PF & CL6 pads to the HC discs at all. And for the cost involved i was going through a set of rotors in 5-6 track days.

16. Im Changing mine this weekend , ive Got front + rear 225 drilled discs in the garage and Ive bought rear dci solids oem brembo pads for my 175 dci .so what set up would I be best to use ??

17. Anyone else used this company as I'm struggling with them atm. Ordered a set on the 14th May, emailed them a couple of weeks later but no replies. Then received an email on the 27th saying they had been shipped but didn't give a tracking number. I've emailed a couple of times since asking for a tracking number but no replies as yet.

I'll be on the blower to them soon as 3 weeks wait without any meaningful updates is a bit poor imo. They might be a good price but I'd rather pay a little extra to get good service too.

I'll keep you updated.

18. I'd of been on the phone 2 weeks ago lol .. 1week is long enough

19. btw thanks for the update because I was going to order a set of fronts this week or next week, anyone else had any experience with this company

20. Update on this is I never did receive any discs or any communication from them. Ended up raising a Paypal dispute to get my money back off them. Others may have had good service from this company but I'll never be using them again.

21. I ordered some of these on july 19tg and they arrived today am.....not home to inspec but all seems well.....discount code didnt work but I guess its out of datw...but assuming they are hc as ordered all well