Good detailers in/near Glasgow

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by noshadow, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Can anyone recommend any good detailers in and around Glasgow? I've had a look on Google and found a few places, but I'd rather hear personal reviews and recommendations before booking something up.

I wouldn't mind getting into detailing myself, but living in a flat on a main road makes it a little difficult :worried:

2. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

I do my own detailing but have used Clyde valley detailing before. Lachlin is very good but he is down in Crawford. He does offer a pick up and delivery service though. Also tlc detailing are very good from what I've seen on Facebook !

3. Cheers! I like the idea of the pick up service, it would save a lot of hassle!

Has anyone got any experience of the "Airglide Ultimate Shield" treatment offered by Clyde Valley? Not needing to polish/wax the car in the future sounds to good to be true, or am I missing something?

4. Stevie

My mate had his r32 done and he says it's great !

5. Defined Details in Cambuslang are supposedly very good.

6. Pricey I'd imagine? I suppose it would pay for itself in the long run though.

Keep the suggestions coming :smile:

7. We've had Robert at Incredible Detail do a few of our cars for us. He's spot on and is extremely meticulous, almost to the point where its ridiculous.

http://www.incredibledetail.co.uk

8. Stevie

Actually I forgot about him. I've got his number. I've heard great reports about his work !

9. Thanks for the suggestions. Having done more google-ing and browsing over the weekend I think it's a toss up between Clyde Valley and Incredible detail, I think I'll give them both a call and see if I can call in for a chat.

The Airglide Ultimate Shield is really appealing, but does anyone know what level of maintenance would be required from me in the future i.e. to what extent would I have to clean it?

Getting ear ache from the missus over this, she can't understand why I don't just pay £3-4 to get it done! :mad:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  10. After a lengthy chat with Robbie I've taken the plunge with Incredible Detail.

We had originally discussed going for a one day protection detail but once we got the car in his workshop and under his 3M Sun Gun it was clear it needed more, so it's going in for 2 days. There was lots of swirls on the car, presumably from a few years worth of automatic car washes from the previous owner, and it was clear the colour isn't what it could be. I'm also hoping to get some small dents removed.

Also considering getting the wheels refurbed, but might leave that for a while to ease the wallet pain.

Thanks again for the recommendations. I'll try to get some pictures up once it's all done and dusted :smile:

11. Stevie

Good choice ! Looking forward to the pics !

12. Picked the car up from Incredible Detail earlier this evening. I'm absolutely delighted with the work that's been done on it, it's like the colour has been given a new life. I've attached a few of my own pictures but they don't show the extent of the work Robert has put into it. He took a few pictures while doing the car which really show the difference his work has made, hopefully I'll get them soon and I can upload them.

2013-08-23 17.27.37.jpg

2013-08-23 17.27.53.jpg

2013-08-23 17.32.43.jpg

2013-08-23 17.32.58.jpg

Next stop is to get the alloys refurbished and the budget tyres that came on the car replaced. This car owning business is expensive stuff, well worth it but!

13. Mate thats looks good. Ive always had a soft spot for red. Did you use thats shield coating? Also where are they based?

14. Incredible detail are based in Hillington, just outside Glasgow.

I never got the ultimate shield, that is only available through Clyde Valley. I'll ask Robert to give me a written breakdown of what was used on the car.

15. As promised here are the pictures of the car. 50/50 pictures show the difference made. Apologies for making two posts, but it won't let me attach all the pictures in one post.

DSC_6365.jpg

DSC_6366.jpg

DSC_6367.jpg

DSC_6368.jpg

DSC_6369.jpg

16. Roberts a top guy, really helped us out at work with a wee accident lol

Never stops too.

Car looks amazing, red has to be my favourite colour on the 250/265. Silver a close second

17. Wow that's incredible. Was it expensive in the end?

18. The detail cost £400 for the two days work, very reasonable I thought given the level of service.

19. Gorgeous in red....and a fantastic detail. I got an enhancement detail in Northern Ireland by Orchard Autocare and it was the best £200 I spent so far.

I'll be in Glasgow on Saturday so might see your stunning red car around....:-))

20. Ohhh and by the way...I just found out that my main Renault dealer in Belfast use a roller brush to wash their cars....so I always tell them not to wash the car when it's in for a service so just be careful.