Sponsored By:  

Clio Crash at Cadwell Park safety video

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by aaronsautos, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Nmp

Nmp

Great vid, but that Porsche driver should be banned from the the sport.

2. Unreal, the main thing is hes come out relatively unharmed.

3. My god that was an unreal crash, why did that other driver feel the need to push him over like that is beyond me :mad:

good to see he wasn't seriously hurt

4. I've met Darren a few times through him being an instructor for circuit days, great bloke and I had some good tuition from him, glad he's ok.

5. I also think some people get caught up in the action , bad driving, racing incident, big ego, happens in F1 and all kings of Motorsport, I'm sure the Porsche driver never ment to cause harm to anyone, like I say glad he's ok

6. I've not had chance to do a trackday yet but this is Truly disgusting driving from the Porsche. He must have a serious inadequacy disorder to do that in a club event which people are doing for fun.

Glad the Clio driver was ok considering the impact.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Porsche driver has a habit of acting like a cunt on track when racing.

Still puts my heart in my mouth when i watch this, glad Darren made it out without serious injury

8. It'd be interesting to see the whole race footage, but that Porsche driver clearly has some issues that won't be worked out until he kills someone or himself. I'd like to think he was man enough to own up to being a grade A cnut and helped your friend source a new car but it seems unlikely too.

Video is well done though and avoids being focussed on the other drivers stupidity as you say. I bet it still hurt either way, just don't let his mrs see it!

9. If you watch the footage closely the is contact between the the two cars mid bend just before the incident, this was clearly an act of aggression in retaliation to the contact.
    We all get a little hot headed at times but this is out and out dangerous and the Porsche driver should be banned.
    luckily he escaped relitlvly unharmed but could have been much worse.

So I conclusion what a prick!

10. What a tit that guy in the 944 is. Shunting another driver who was making a fair and well-earnt overtake headlong into a wall. And for what? looks like he spun out too.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

He has been known to drive like that at other meetings, albeit without actually stuffing someone into a wall due to it

12. It is rather 968.
    I think he couldn't stand that guy in less powerful car is able to overtake him and was fighting like for F1 championship.

13. He purposefully damaged a 968?! I say he's a double prick now.

14. Not deliberately, it looks like emotions took over and he was preserving his position in not appropriate manner.

15. And I though some of the behaviour I have seen on trackdays was bad!

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'll say it again, Said driver of pork has pulled this sort of behaviour during races before, He just isn't that great a driver so makes up for that by being overly aggressive and defensive.

Grade A prick.

17. Then Why has he been allowed to continue to compete, if you know this then surely the event organisers do, they need to get their act together

18. 6 points on his license and a 6 month suspension was his punishment iirc.

From what ive heard he's a driver frustrated by his own lack of pace who doesnt like being overtaken. Amazing the clio driver walked away relitvly unharmed.

19. Pretty shocking to watch and am very impressed with the safety systems that most certainly saved the driver from serious harm.

Good video as it does highlight that although fun motorsport and track days can be very dangerous. Albeit on this occasion this could and should have been avoided just one man's ego getting the better of him.

20. I think that's one of the points the Clio driver was making with the video - how little he was injured due to the HANS device.

The other was, 'look at this massive bell-end in the Porsche'

21. Bloody hell, what a complete cnut.