Discs and pads

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jdrummo31, Oct 8, 2013.

1. So I think I'm due a disc and pad change and just wondering what's setup you guys run! I know it's going to be an expensive do but can't put it off any longer. Could do with a fluid change too to be honest

2. Dirt cheap mate, HIGH CARBON plain discs £69 inc delivery and a good set of pads, maybe DS2500s from jjcraceandrally £125 inc delivery , fluid 1liter of ATE blue £12

3. Oh yeh all done in less than an hour

4. Cheers mate. You make it sound easy. Sure I'll get stressed on the drive at something. Haha. Is it not worth investing in some drilled and grooved ones no?

5. No drilled, no grooves, pound for pound and for the best stopping power HC plain discs along with a good set of pads

6. Cheers man I appreciate the help. You helped with my query other day too. Top man. I'll start a thread eventually be sure to mention you

7. What query was that mate , if you were closer I'd do your brakes for you

8. With my sticky gear lever but it's coming out and going to Andrewjeffs for the short shift. Do you do much work on the meganes? Mines off the road for a month or two for a few bits. Bumper respray, brakes, springs and a couple of other niggly bits.

9. I'm a roofer but simple things like brakes and stuff, oil changes are easy enough mate

10. Oh right I see. See I make stuff so making parts is okay but with some stuff I'm a bit iffy. I've heard front springs are a nightmare on these.

11. I've heard so too, I've got AST coilovers on my R26.R

12. Haha at the moment I can't afford the R or the AST's. You got any pictures up of it?

13. Ill get some up for you

14. Cheers mate. What are the AST's like. Can only find ones for clio on website

15. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

16. Front springs are simple enough to do tbh. Just requires the hub removing as you can't get it low enough to pull shock out with it in place. Simple spanner stuff! :smiley:

17. Haha I'll remember that. Just waiting on some stock

18. Sorry to jump in but I think I'm due new brakes. When braking now I get a judder through the brake pedal. It could just be pads but the discs look pretty thin.

Steve - the high carbon discs you mentioned would these be the 312mm Brembo High Carbon Discs from Ktec for £118.80 (pair) £130.80 incl delivery?

Just checking these would fit my 55 plate 225 as it says to fit all Megane 2 RS Models?

Thanks

19. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004EAXQXU/?tag=rsmeg-21

20. Cheers Matty - I obviously take it that even though it says for a Clio it will fit my 55 plate Meg?...

21. No worries mate. Jump in all you like :smile:

22. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Clio 3 and Megane 2 use the same front brakes iirc.