Eggcakes black r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Eggcakes, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hi everyone my names ben and I'm a 27 year old from cumbria I reasonably new to forums I was a member on ms since October and I've just joined up here. Can I start by saying thanks for all the great advice I have so far been given. Ok so I bought my car in October last year from a private dealer up in middlesborough it's an 07 plate r26 with just under 70000 on the clock it had fsh and was pretty much standard. It has gloss black black wheels which I'm not sure came with the car they are the standard rs 18" multispokes . The car came with Kyrgyz black edition discs and ferodo ds2500 pads apart from this it was standard after a bit of haggling It was mine for £5000 which I was cheap compared to others I had seen. This is a picture I screenshot of there website can I just apologise for quality of my pictures my blogs are done on iPad/phone as I don't have a good camera or laptop

[​IMG]

so got it home and unfortunately I had to leave it off the road for a month due to insurance reasons, on the upside I could get a few jobs done while it was off road. The car needed new steering arms as the ball joint had worn out and it was pulling all over did both sides and as an offshoot of this problem the front tyres were knackered I put on new toyo proxes tis as they were already on the car and I knew toyos were a decent make. New exhaust brackets were next.

My my next mod it should always be your first IMO lol new renaultsport tax disc holder of ebay

[​IMG]

and also team heko deflectors I know some people don't like these but this car is about what i like

98946C39-A925-4E21-845A-867C4CBD48A0_zps9eybyvvx.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the next job on my list was full lighting upgrade all,internal lights changed for 9smd LEDs also number plate lights and front sidelights as hated the fact were orangey in colour compared to the crisp white of my xenons now they are Superb I get flashed all the time people thinking I'm driving with full beam on haha . At the same time I did fogs and full beam with night breaker plus and night breaker unlimited I'll put some pics up further down the page .

[​IMG]

I would recommend the led upgrade to anyone

got a bit bored one weekend so did this

[​IMG]

couple of spray tins from halfords and a three quid sticker from ebay

next on the list a bit of colour coding and a new r spoiler I was a bit gutted when my spoiler turned up it was second hand and was one without a Aeriel cut out (not genuine renault which I was told when I bought it) tbh I'm still happy with it and now I'm used to it I think it looks better plus I already had a stubby aeriel so it didn't catch . So black bullets wing mirrors and door handles plus the spoiler and black badge covers and some new dust caps and this is how she currently sits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9A48C848-D7AF-47F5-BC07-4EB4D636F093_zpsa5qiwrk3.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so I'm pretty happy with the look of the car ATM for the future on to performance. I'm watching the cooksport website like a hawk and will be buying a set of springs ASAP also I'm booked into rst for a stg1 map on 28th February I can't decide whether tomshell out for a new cat back before then either k tec or milltek system I'm also going to be doing the air box mod with a decent filter probably it

What do you think of these I'm considering giving them a rty another marmite mod but I think it will help the overall stealth look of the car

[​IMG]

I've cropped the pic above the number plate as it's not my car
    hope you have enjoyed reading this I will keep it updated as I go feel free to comment or suggest ideas etc thanks ben

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. Also on the list is a short shifter from andrewjeffs can't wait for that one when I have the spare cash/time to fit

3. Looks brilliant mate stelth look

4. Cheers mate can i also add smoked repeators which i missed and also apologize for bad grammar and spelling mistakes lol

5. a must, 1044530_683266251689362_1812348805_n.jpg rear 3 tints and black diamonds :smile:

6. DOH!!! just seen diamonds lol

7. Looks great ! Love the all black look :smile: miss my old one when I see this

8. OP, what size are the interior and boot bulbs ... 501's? Also where did you buy the LED's from? Ebay?

9. Same here have you a link to what bulbs I need to replace interior please
    Cheers

10. These are what i bought u need 12 twelve including sidelights and number plates so two packs keep some spare but I would buy a shorter length one for the boot lamp as these are a tight fit if anyone wants to buy a pack and a pack of short ones il do a swap for a short one and we'll save some cash :wink:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0074NVCL2/?tag=rsmeg-21
    if you don't get theese make sure the ones you buy are Canbus versions also don't use anything metal to remove or you may blow a fuse
    thanks for the comments I want tints but am put off by not doing the front two
    and for the next few months the mods will all be performance based

11. Don't forget the glove box :-)

12. And sun visor ones

13. I didn't do them they're rarely seen I believe the glovebox is a nightmare as you need to take it out

14. Thanks mate! Don't suppose when you get a chance you could take a picture of the rear when it's dark so I can see what the number plate bulbs are like?

15. Glove box is not too bad, and blue in the door foot wells looks great :-)
    The rear plates look totaly different with leds it looks more modern I will try get tome pics of my led collection at some point

16. Yeah I'll do it tomorrow if I remember

17. heres a few in the dark early morning with no flash on camera sorry about the quality, front
    unnamed (1).jpg

18. unnamed (2).jpg
    rears

19. unnamed (3).jpg
    side lights only

20. unnamed (4).jpg
    number plate

21. unnamed.jpg
    blue on the door

22. unnamed (6).jpg
    glove box (full of crap sorry)

23. unnamed (5).jpg
    boot (also full of crap)

24. sorry i did try and put them all on one post but my pc would not let me

25. Apparently if you a ph1 meg the number plates are festoon type

26. Here you go back leds and front just led sidelights hope this is what you want :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Perfect thanks guys!

28. Cheers for the pics howmany for the whole interior do I need as my car is out at the mo

29. I think six for the top lights two for puddle lights there's glovebox boot and two under your sun visors if you wanna do them although I haven't done glovebox or the sun visors as they almost never seen so check the size before you order the one in the boot won't fit the ones I got you need shorter ones two on number plates if you have a ph1 theese are the festoon type and two for front sidelights hope that is what you want

30. looks well does that buddy

31. Cheers mate

32. Small update today got my car into the workshop today to do a few of jobs I've been waiting to do

1 did an Airbox chop/mod and fitted a new pipercross foam filter from rst took a bit of effort to get the box out had to remove ecu battery and wiggle the tray out through a load of wires . It definately sounds noisier with the bonnet up you can hear the induction noise but I hardly thought it made a difference to in the. A in noise when driving I think any performance gains from this will be minimal and as such I dint really notice any difference to the drive .

2 while I was on with the above I thought I'd replace my battery to gearbox earth cable as it was corroded caused me a few problems the other day as car wouldn't start . I bodied it the other day to give me a couple of weeks when I had time to crack on and do it . I had the battery/ tray removed and the Airbox and still couldn't get close enough to the bolt on the gearbox where the cable is supposed to go . I decided instead of spending all day taking out even more things I'd re route it and instead bolted the new one to the engine lifting point where I had temporarily bolted my original it's a lot easier to get to now if I have any more problems with it

3 fitted a new plug onto my boot wiring loom as the contacts on my original had gone rusty meaning I couldn't put my new number plate lights on so now sorted

all in all not a bad mornings work it's just a shame the weather is so bad as she desperately need a clean looking a bit neglected :worried:

33. Well done, I have done nawt :'(
    Going to cadwell in 10 min see a few guys

34. I need to get to a few track days this year and meet some of you guys I think I'd go to manchester area meets if there any on but much further would get expensive

35. Cadwell is a must :-)

36. Where a outs is that Jon I was thinking oulton or croft for my first as there closest

37. In Lincolnshire its a great track maybe best not as a 1st track though not alot of run off but its a great track often called the "mini ring" :-)

38. I must of just missed you, I left about ten past 1

39. Yup I finished work at 1 there bout half past, angels car is mental :-)

40. Just arrived :wink:

[​IMG]