Christophers LY R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by chris, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Looking really good chris.....bonnet really suits it.....I think its gone to the right owner.....maybe too subtle on a black meg

2. Gave the car a coat of wax and a quick blast out today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. :blush: nice!

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Looks good but IMO LY does not suit stickers!

5. The OEM decals?

6. oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    btm sticker?????

7. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Yh the OEM decals. Spoils the front end.

8. Yeah I'd love to take them off but I just know that as soon as I did I'd regret it :worried:

9. I am thinking of getting a auto diming rear view mirror please can you advise how easy it is to change and are the wires already installed

Rich

10. Yeah really easy slides on/off and an extra wire to plug in

11. Thanks for the reply which way doesn't it side towards the screen or towards the roof lining is the extra loom in place and would this work with tinted rear glass

Rich

12. No real need if you dark tints mate

13. Cars been on the telly last week
    [YT]bMPbhjcW1WM[/YT]

14. I see that, did wonder if it was anyone's from on here

15. Link doesn't work so hope this one does....
    [video=youtube;bMPbhjcW1WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPbhjcW1WM[/video]

16. Stu

Stu

I saw it too, meant to put a post on here to see if it was anyone from here but never got round to it.

Looked a very tidy example!

17. Just had the drivers side window regulator, loom, motor and cable replaced - Renault contribution of £318.

Also had braided lines turn up today so come monday will be putting some super blue and the lines on.

18. Well been to Bedford autodrome today for the Renault sport track evening. Met some really good chaps.

I think next modifications to come will be track day suspension of some sort and maybe wheels and tyres at some point.

Can't wait to get out there again and improve my driving, as at the moment I'm the real weak link in the car.

19. Hi Mate, Grea thread.

How did you manage to squeeze money out of Renault? My window switch is temperamental.

20. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

They usually contribute about 75% of the repair for window regs, speak to your local dealer

21. Bedford Autodrome on the 11/7/14 for the renault sport evening, really enjoyed myself for my first track day, wasn't out on track as much as I would of liked but got messed about waiting for tuition/drive in the new 275 trophy.
    Nevermind got a good 4 20 min sessions in!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With me and a nice .r good comparison!
    [​IMG]

And my mates Trophy
    [​IMG]

22. Looks like you had fun pictures are great, Bedford is an enjoyable circuit considering its quite flat.

Did you say it was your first trackday? From your old post I'd say save your money and buy some tyres instead of aftermarket suspension. You'll be surprised at the difference made buying some decent tyres. Tuition is important too, all these things will help you progress so much more on track than just sticking a set of dampers on. Make sure you get some braided lines on and some decent fluid too as brake fade can start to happen when you press on.

23. Yeah my first proper track day. I e done a 20 min session at Silverstone before but didn't really get to push on. I'd love some track day rubber, I was looking at federal rsr and nankang ns2r. Anything else in that price range?

24. I would always go for brakes first then tyres suspension after.

25. Brakes I've got uprated fluid braided lines and ds2500.

Which have stopped low speed squeekibg after some abuse on track lol.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  26. Chris's, get yourself a set of pilot super sports £125 per corner fitted, 8mm tread one of the best all round tyres for the road and will be brilliant on track in wet or dry, they will be as good as the federal and the nankang on track but better on the road mate.

27. Or you can buy a set of R888s I have, all with 4.5mm on them £450 mate

28. A friend has Federal RSR's on his and rates them. It all depends on how hard you drive it, I'm sure the RSR's will be fine. I've used 888's which are good but dont last long, someone recommended Dunlop DZ 03G and I've not used anything else since. Very durable tyre that goes a long way, but they are expensive, around £8-900, not sure how that compares to the RSR's?

29. Sound advise that!

30. Honest Chris's I tried the pilot super sports at Cadwell in the rain and it was spooky how much grip their was, it was all most like being in the dry, have a read on the reviews of them

31. Cheers Steve. Did you go out on track at Bedford? I'll have a look at the super sports then.

Can't wait to do another track day. I've got a lot to learn!

32. No mate they wouldn't let me on as it was fully booked

33. No professional drivers and all that ?
    :wink:

34. Lol

35. That's a bit of a bummer. Anyone coming to the Renault sport national meet at cosford? Only round the way from me.

36. So Minor update today....
    After waiting forever it sems I've finally gone for an exhaust!
    Milltek cat back for now and decat further down the line.

Opted for the Milltek as A) Didnt really want to give Ktec my money B) Couldn't afford the RSTuning offering.
    [​IMG]

Still I'm happy, immediatly started work on polishing the bits you can see through the bumper OCD 'n' that.

[​IMG]

Will fit it tomorrow along with a few interior bits that I've been menaing to put back in for a while.

37. [​IMG]

38. Looks good Chris, very shiney. Are you happy with it?

39. Yeah for the outlay I'm fairly happy with it. Not too much noise which is nice.

Just need some cooksport springs now and some bigger injectors and decat and I'll be done. I think.

40. So today I battled a broken locking nut.... And won :-)
    [​IMG]
    Then fitted braided lines I've had in my garage for months!

Then silenced the rattling arm rest.
    [​IMG]