Christophers LY R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by chris, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Good progress so far mate, wasn't sure wether i like the bonnet but looking at the pics more it grows on me! Good choice on the exhaust although I'm worried it will be a bit too quiet if i opt for one!

2. Agree with you on the bonnet! If you think Miltek will be too quiet for you... take the silencers out for a bit of SS pipe... then see if thats more what you want.... ive been told mine is louder than a miltek :smiley:

3. Right folks got my 197 steering wheel and airbag now. Ready for a refurb. I'll post before and after pics up when it comes back.

Not sure if I should buy some cooksports this month or save and get .r wheels over the next few months.

4. Save and get the R wheels, cooksports for a Xmas present lol

5. Save for both as a Xmas present.

I saw a meg on R wheels without lows and it didn't look the best tbh

6. Might do springs first then and buy myself the wheels for xmas... No GF this year so that will save me a few pennies.

On another note just dropped my injectors off for testing and clean/refurb if needed.

7. Go for springs first Chris, there superb!

8. Got the sprigs while they were in stock, thought ahh fuck it.... Also ordered some gold heat reflective stuff. Must stop spending now though....

9. Good man. You will love the springs.

10. Fixed my sagging bulkhead carpet thing! FINALLY!
    Also fitted cleaned injectors :smile:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

11. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

how did you fix the bulkhead carpet?

SiMonster likes this.
  12. You've got that looking really smart mate! I work at the fire station in Stourbridge so will look out for it!

13. coupleof holes drilled in the carpet and plastic then zip tied together. Only a two min job.

Cheers fella. I'm not in Stourbridge all that much as I work in wolves. But keep an eye out! :-D

14. No major updates but winter tyres back on :-)

15. Chris mate just tried PMing you again but message won't send as your inbox is full. You might not want another message from me so may want to keep it full mind you!!!

16. Will empty it now.

17. There is a Renault OEM solution, the part number is 8200638054.

18. Lovely looking car, you've done a great job with it. Kind of makes me want a LY one now!!

19. So hub bearings decided to Shit themselves lol so a quick hop up the m1 TO GET THEM sorted [​IMG]
    Also fitted my cooksport springs at the same time.
    [​IMG]

20. Looks mint that

21. What are the tell tale signs of the hub bearings going? Never had a problem on two R26's

22. Thanks Steve

Basically it tries to kill you ;-)

On a less dramatic note the steering goes heavy, doesn't self center and you may hear a rattle.

23. Haha killer megs, looks great Chris, loved the cooksports on mine handled and looked ace.

24. So guys I need some inspiration. Bonus time in March and I'm not buying another watch. So best way to put £1k into the car?

Options I have so far are:
    1. 250 turbo, decat, injectors, mapping.
    2. 330mm brakes new pads, r wheels.

Any other suggestions?

25. 1st

26. Ast coilovers, yours for a one time offer at £900

27. 1st

28. I am tempted Steve but I think you should just fit them ;-)

29. Bought them on a whim, I'm loving it as it is, someone will get a bargain mate, I'm in no rush at all , they can sit in the box for another year im not bothered mate .

30. Which ones are they steve got a link to them on the AST website?

31. I think there called 501s, from ast they cost £1,650

32. Look like serious bits of kit Steve.

33. Window stopped working again. Hope it's the regulator again otherwise it's a £94 diagnostic fee!

34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

At that price I'm tempted to buy a cheap R26 LOL!

35. Stretch it a little bit more and you can buy that desirable TI exhaust. Worth every penny. You'll never get tired of hearing that wonderful sound. I had my mates R for a week. Just drove round looking for tunnels.:rolleyes:

36. A new Ti system will cost you the best part of 2.5k

37. My mate was lucky he got a used one from Ktec for £1500

38. Go the whole hogg and get yourself an R26.R Jamie

39. I was even luckier, got mine for less, good luck in finding another

40. They stop making?

Never heard one. :worried: