Christophers LY R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by chris, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Lol I couldnt afford a Ti. Not a baller :-/

If I didnt need my car as a daily I'd be straight into an .R at this rate.

2. Still can get them new from main dealer, I'll treat you to a listen to mine one day, they sound mental mate , even louder on stage 1

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You can get a custom Ti system for much less than what the Renault ones cost. Same goes for the MK3 Meg's

4. Do you know roughly how much Jamie? I've seen a company in Wales that does custom ti systems might give them a ring actually

5. It might be cheaper, but can you guarantee the same sound as the renaultsport one for the money, you might spend 6-800 and not sound anything like it, is it worth the risk

6. DaveSF1

DaveSF1 Banned

Just get it made the same as the renault ti system then it's guaranteed to sound similar dare I say it might even be better

7. Yeah, I'm with you on this Steve the R26.R's Ti system sounds amazing and much better the 275.R's

I'd love one for mine but it'd be half the value of my car so I wont bother lol :blush:

8. Aye mark, no need for the Sterio to be on , it's a brilliant sound track

9. I'll second that, it's by far the best exhaust I've heard on a 4 cylinder car.

10. Few updates...

Removed shitty mud flaps, Re-aligned bonnet, fitted newly dipped engine cover and washer cap. Painted dipstick gloss black. Fitted fog light blanks. Re secured splitter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Scattle likes this.
  11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The joy of custom made systems is that you can get them built to sound how you want...

TBH if i ever had the money to go Ti it would not be for the noise they give

12. Found some love for it today. Washed and waxed with DoD juice also fitted new cv clip ready for its MOT tomorrow.
    Recently fitted new rear discs and pads, New rear loom new number plate lamps, cold air feed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. looks absolutely lovely I want a LY meg

14. image.jpeg Neglected this thread a bit.
    Recent additions are turbo back exhaust.
    250 turbo
    Flocked interior
    R26.r clutch
    SMF FLYWHEEL
    custom decal set.

15. Dem wing mirror!
    Looks good mate.

16. Oh yeah also had speedlines since last update
    Awaiting some gloss black mirror caps now too ;-)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    mr.clarke. likes this.
  17. Fitted ferrodo DS1.11 yesterday and oh my lord. They overwhelme the ABS.

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I've got a set waiting to go on? They no fun?

19. Epic pads naith. Followed the bedding in procedure too a tee and the stopping power with them is just well wow.
    Makes the ds2500's look like I had jam sandwiches for brakes before.

Danith likes this.
  20. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Mine have done a lap or 2 round oulton on a clip cup car so I'll literally just throw them on and get down to business with some new disks over the next week or so, excite!

21. Sweet sounds like someone's done the hard work for you! I need to get myself on a track day soon see how they do.

22. Fitted performance friction v3 330 kit today along with carbotech xp8's.
    Initial feedback is I'm not blown away but I haven't got them anywhere near hot enough.
    Squeal a bit too!
    Track day up coming at castle Combe and then it's in to fit my custom splitter and discuss what needs moving for my diffuser.

Should also say it's now at 300bhp/300ftlb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  23. What wheels are they Chris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Speedline turini fella. Not many about at all.

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Make sure you bed the Carbotechs in properly if you don't you won't be getting anywhere near their full potential

26. Cheers mate, they look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. Thanks :-)

The pads and discs where second hand and the guy had just bedded them in. I did a few naughty speed stop in them to get a bit of heat going and they were much better.
    Not much cop this morning at 7degrees though!

Does anyone have any info on them regarding braking co efficient?

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They are mega pads, Proper high CoEf

To bed them in you need to get them proper hot until they fade, Then leave them overnight to cool completely

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

These are the approx. co-efficient of friction @ 100deg –maximum co-eff.
    RS29 – 0.43-0.49 - max working temp – 700c
    RS15 – 0.57-0.62 - max working temp – 800c
    XP8 – 0.58-0.60 - max working temp – 732c
    XP10 – 0.63-0.65 - max working temp – 898c