Megane rs265 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by RSDCI225, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Thought i should make a bit of a project thread for my 2013 265 CUP . Owned the car for a month but only just put it on the road last week. This was my previous car [​IMG]
    2007 dci 175 cup 223BHP 379FTLBS Loved the car, i just fancied a change so i bought the 265 as a 30th birthday present to myself. Unfortunately and unbelievably the lad (18 yr old) who bought my 175 crashed it within the first day pretty much writing it off.

New car 2013 265

Bog standard cup with the red pack 7700 miles on the clock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On test drives various 250's and my 265 i was wondering if id made the right choice going back to petrol as the torque of the dci made it very quick above 20mph it would easily keep up with my 265 in standard form. So as soon as i got the 265 home the modding began.

De megane badged then added black diamonds and led number plate lights.

First real mods cobra cat back exhaust And bmc panel filter. Bought used but like new for £250
    [​IMG]
    Made 273bhp on the rollers. Louder than the miltek and scorpion systems on cars i test drove. Can get a bit boomy at times though.

Even though its done so little mileage one of the threads in the rear disc had been threaded so new discs and pads where fitted
    [​IMG]
    Next up 2 of the wheels (passenger side) where kerbed to death so had them refurbed but lost the red rim in doing so. tyres where no good also having chunks out of the sidewalls so new bridgestones where fitted along with the refurb [​IMG]
    I then fitted red rim tape, as in just black they did'nt suit the car. Not a perfect job but not to bad
    [​IMG]
    Mods last week. Off came the standard air box with bmc panel filter. On went the Itg maxogen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Noticed an improvement in power instantly. Noise levels very subtle. Recirculation valve can be heard now. While the battery tray was out i fitted a short shifter mod. great mod for only £3

Next up Airtec intercooler. Much harder to fit than the dci/r26 intercoolers. Mk3's are screwed together better than the mk2's thats for sure.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A trip to rs tunning later and its running 313bhp 341ftlbs. Much happier with it now.

Future plans are to sort the standard sound system out as its garbage. Way under par for the price these cars go for. My new qasquai has a great sound system as standard. I think i need a atleast underseat sub.
    A decent set of front pads and braided lines as the brakes feel crap compared to the brembo's on my dci. And sort out the paintwork. Its got typical black car syndrome, shows every little imperfection and looks older than it actually is.

2. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Looks good! Shame about the 175, I'd have been interested in that.

3. Ye I was shocked but in a way expected it. Simply to powerful for a 18year old new driver. Should of sold it to a Renault enthusiast but never mind.

4. Nice that, not sure on the 19's on mine, but looking at yours might just get them done satin black

5. Cost me £60 a wheel. I'd say do it if you have the diamond cut 19's

6. I do and they are a bit scabby for me (only just bought it a few weeks ago)

I'm just going to run down the ditch finder nexens, get the wheels refurbed, then shod with decent rubber in the spring I think :smile:

7. looks lovely mate, really like the red details.

8. I like the red details. Has it got the red stripe around the diffuser as well?

9. Yes all round the diffuser.

A couple of people have pm'd me about the short shifter mod. I will take my battery tray out over the next couple of days and take some pictures and detail what you need to do.

10. front end looks very aggressive with the black airtec!

nice work.

11. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

will the short shift mod work on an R26/225 as well by any chance?

12. I believe it works on the early 225's but not r26's

13. Ok for people wanting info on the short shifter mod. Ive had my battery out so here's my write up.

This will work with any car with the pk04 gearbox housing. mk2 Dci 175 rs 250/265/275. NOT later 225's or r26

All you need is a 10mm ball stud with a m8 thread. And a piece of steel 75mm x 25mm to make a bracket
    [​IMG]
    First off remove your battery and battery tray. You will be left with This
    [​IMG]
    Make sure gears are in neutral. Pop gear linkage off the original stud [​IMG]
    A 10mm hole now needs to be drilled 15-20mm to the right of the original stud. With the new stud screwed into the hole the position of the gear linkage should look like this [​IMG]

If you have a dci this next part is not needed. Your done, Just replace battery tray ect.

Next is the most time consuming part. The problem with the 250/265/275 is the Slave cylinder pipe bracket pictured here[​IMG]
    The new gear linkage position fouls against it so a new bracket needs to be made. And the old bracket needs to be removed. Old bracket is held on by a 18mm nut screwed into the gearbox housing.

New bracket should be 75mm long 25mm wide and have 2 10mm holes drilled 50mm apart. RE-using the pipe clip in one hole and the other hole used to screw it to the chassis under the red live wires With a m6 nut,bolt and a couple of washers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dab a bit of grease on the new stud and pop the gear linkage back on. And re-assemble battery tray ect. I cut a square hole in my battery tray. Should anything happen in the future. I highly doubt it though as i had this mod on my dci for around 2 years without a problem.
    [​IMG]

Pic of the short shit on a dci 175[​IMG]

On the 250-275 The gear throw is shortend by 15-20mm at the gear stick but the change feels much more solid and precise Which to me is the best part of the mod. On the dci 175 the throw is shortened by around 30-40mm and makes a huge difference to the feel. Well worth a hour of your time and cost me £1.80 for the new ball stud.

Nigelo likes this.
  14. Spot on mate.

Did you do it whilst fitted on the car?

15. Ye just enough room underneath the linkage arm to hold the nut while you screw the stud.

16. I drilled and tapped my arm to 8mm and screwed in the ball stud, then put the nut on and tightened up, double whammy to stop coming loose.

17. What induction kit is that fella? Can't find it about

18. It's a proper itg maxogen kit. Not originally for the megane but fits perfectly. About £3-400 new but you can get good condition second hand filters for under 200

19. Nice one

20. Bit of an update its been a while.

Ever since i first bought the car it felt tail happy. In april i found out why after a new set of rear tyres (worn inside edge) and alignment.

Alignment details
    DSC_0034.jpg

So i either had a bent rear beam or bent stub axles or both. Kindly left for me to deal with by the previous owner (an 18 year old). So i decided to replace all of them aswell as fully polybushing the suspension along with some kw clubsports.

new rear beam
    new%20rear%20beam.jpg

Poly bushed everthing
    rear%20beam%20bush.jpg

before (12 degrees negative camber)
    camber%20before.jpg

After new stub axles and new rear beam
    camber%20new.jpg

New alignment pretty much spot on now. car feels much better
    DSC_0035.jpg

New pads fluid and lines fitted at the same time.
    Pads are ebc ndx bluestuff. Ive found them great for £130
    brake%20pads%20and%20fluid.jpg
    brake%20pads.jpg

Newest addition. Re trimmed corsa vxr recaros. Never seen it done before so i took on the challange.
    IMG-20160716-WA0007.jpg

Fitting was fairly easy with slight adjustments to the subframe needing to be made. Standard megane runners where used. Resistor used in the sub marine arbag loom and weight sensors fitted to foam seat base. Fitted in 3 hours start to finish.
    DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg

21. Nice progress so far, bummer about the rear axle, but good to see it solved! :smile:

22. Those seats....

23. 12 deg of rear meg camber !!! A bit disappointing that no other road user following you never told you but I guess some kids actually want that much camber (and normally on both sides) so maybe not so shocking in the automotive landscape !

24. 12 Deg.....ffs.

25. Just driving normal it behaved perfectly fine. Drove perfectly straight no pulling to either side. Only when pushing on it was noticeable. And just to look at when on the ground it didnt look like -12. But when my drivers side tyre only lasted 1500 miles thats when i knew there was a serious problem.

Why would anyone want that much camber is beyond me. Constantly replacing tyres and their cars must handle horribly.

26. According to the sheet you posted it had -12 toe and -1.56 camber on the rear right.

27. Hi mate,

Have you got a link for the ball stid that you used for the short shift please ?