My latest nurburgring video

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by dru, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surely though, even if your a qualified race driver you can understand the heat your getting with regards to safety and respect for the other drivers on track?

2. don't think mike has been bigging himself up about racing has he? is that the Clio you crashed at the ring? By the way, i don't 'race' either, or drive like a complete knob on track days.

3. Didn't you do 2 races then sell the car?

4. You Sir, are a twat.

5. dru

dru

Was going to buy a porsche to race for next year but not sure of plans ATM still got the Clio for now.

Yeah I realise the video looks bad there has been a vocal minority reminding me of that all day lol

6. dru

dru

I don't care what you do or don't do sunny but cheers

7. Oh I don't race in any series, and neither should you after a performance like that. Can clearly see you're not a 'proper' race driver.

8. dru

dru

Cheers for that?

9. dru

dru

Well lucky for me your not the one who makes that decision but cheers for the constructive criticism.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What a beaut.

Superb driving on TF, please let us know when you stack it into the armco like your Clio or end up in hospital.

11. dru

dru

I drive how I can afford mate I'm getting a gtr soon cheers for the constructive criticism though

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Good for you, just because you can afford to stack it doesn't mean you can drive like it, particularly on public days when there are all levels of driving and people on track.

I look forward to seeing your GTR videos then, It would be nice to see your attitude change from the reactions you have had on various social media outlets, particularly from people who have a lot, lot more experience and knowledge of the place, including those that race there. I doubt it though, you seem to be the next Bellof the way you have been posting.

13. dru

dru

I'm racing in rcn next year as it happens in a porsche but cheers

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Moving on to VLN as well I guess then yeah

15. Mmm ok

16. With the ring garage boys dru??

17. Well its a good thing you have some ability to catch oversteer!
    You certainly have confidence you can recover the car from so very close to big`off` moments.

But several times it was blind luck you didn't hit the Armco.

I really don't know what you were thinking in posting this video.
    .surely you must have guessed people on here and youtube would be slating that kind of over aggressive,super dangerous driving??..
    You only have to read the youtube comments to see what people thought..

You obviously have some skill behind the wheel,but to much was placed in blind lucks hands...and that overtaking and speeding into waved yellows is a major accident waiting to happen.

Stick to proper racing mate..this sort of driving in public is only going to end one way..and lets hope you don't take others with you.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/video-worst-ever-tf-driver-you-tell-me/

I see now after watching this,that you actually are after the notoriety??..psychological issues here mate..i think you need help..

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  18. R26

R26

efa

19. 31k hits in just over day??? dru will be getting paid soon! Winner lol

20. Not something to be proud of imo

21. dru

dru

Yeah mate :smile:

22. Massive arrogance here.

Cheating death you've called it. Better not hope fate catches up with you any time soon.

23. 31000 hits 31000 people think you are a bit of an arrogant tit, well done : )

24. I've just watched 1.29 mins of that vid and turned it off!!!! 2 things I noticed in that time.....1 a "racing driver" would understand and respect yellow
    flags and 2 you must have foreign specials made of tracing paper as tyres as that isn't normal!!!!! Nor is it skill!!!!!

25. Are you even going to address any of the issues people have with the video? 7 pages in and I don't think you've said anything about overtaking under yellow, passing on the right etc. You seem far more interested in proving you're a racing driver than confronting the issues.

Good for you if you drive based on what you can afford, but what about what those around you can afford? You might well be able to afford to crash but do you not consider how your actions might possibly impact others?

26. dru

dru

The video is just a montage of me fucking around in the wet and on cold tyres, and is taken from 240 mins of footage, I don't need to explain myself it is what it is. Plenty of people enjoy the video it's just a vocal minority who are hating, 37000 views so far and about 1% have disliked it so pretty good stats.

27. Fucking around in the wet on cold tyres on a public track day with so many novices around. Hmmm.Shows a lack of respect for anyone else sharing the track with you. You may know you can handle the car but others around you do not.

Overtaking on the right as the other car turns in for the corner had me clenching up.
    Do you not experience many yellow flags when you race?

28. dru

dru

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

29. 1%havent said anything, the other 99%think you drive like the arrogant twat you are zzzzzzzzzzzzz hahahahahahathat should cover your bullshit

30. Yep as I expected. You have an attitude problem. You had one on 197.net too before you got lifetime banned from there.

31. Dunlop direzza's iirc

197 forum does have its fair amount of dribblers on, I was a member but CS was much better

32. Daz

Daz

Were you smoking while driving?

33. Not my screenshot.
    S1aiiww.png

34. Lollipop lol. Yeah I heard about the 197 incident. Not a nice guy

35. dru

dru

Okay here's a challenge for everybody, do 29 damp and oily laps of the nurburgring (15 of them on cold tyres) with semi slick tyres, flat out. Beat my 7:55 laptime in a stock 250 with full interior and a passenger, with the traction control and stability fully off).

But don't have any slides, moments, near misses.

Bearing in mind also your megane is 1 of 3 mercury silver cups in the country, bearing in mind that the car, tyres and laps stood you in about 16 grand.

Could you do that?? Ask yourself.

And one last thing, when I got back from ring last time and I set a 8:12.2 btg in my standard r26, the same haters found holes to pick in it.

If my life offends you to a point you feel the need to attack me, that's your problem not mine.

36. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not really a challenge though when we all know they can lap Sub 8 on ROAD tyres. Are you expecting people to bow down to you because you have "apparently" done a time that people have been doing since they came out 4/5 years ago?

Good luck with your RCN dreams, I suspect you might struggle to get any sort of drive or entry into them now with your arrogant attitude and blatant disregard to anyone else that is around you.

37. I personally couldn't care if you did a 6 minute lap with a puncture.

38. No one is doubting your ability to buy a £15k car or drive fast. The issue is that you think you are invincible and you have a massive ego. As good as you think you are, there are much better drivers who have had more crashes. The difference is they drive at 100% in a race with other racing drivers and not on a TF day where other motorists aren't expecting you to be driving like you do.

You have already had one crash there and haven't learned from it.

Remember, there are no winners at the Nurburgring, there are only losers. A Norwegian guy with a 911 GT2 RS who had done a 7.16 BTG told me that.

39. dru

dru

If it's that easy, go and do it then.

Its not a dream it's just a case of paying the 5 grand and going and doing it.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.