250 Recaro Pole Position Seats

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by jack250, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Looking for a bit of advice on fitting these seats if anyones done this?

What does it require to fit them?

What do you do with the wiring looms for the airbags? Does it cause the airbag light to be on the dash?

Cheers

2. Replace the airbag with a resistor. Someone will know what resistance it has to be.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3. Cheers MilosB.

Anyone on the fitting side of the things and resistance settings?

4. I'm just wondering the same thing. I think its gonna be custom mounts

5. Ktec sell the floor mount, have seen different colour wire codes for the multi pin connector under seat depending which seat originally had, ping up photo of connector and might be able help, and yes need resistor across airbag wires

6. Do the ktec mounts work straight out the box?

If not, and there's enough interest, we could get some made ...

7. @odinson has these... How did you mount them mate? And do they still slide?

I'm looking at a pair, but not sure what combination of mounts are needed

8. Yeah would be great to know this...

You can get two of these seats for the price people want for the Sportster CS which are rubbish quality.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

LOL at the Sportster CS comment.

Pole Postitions are very much a scene seat, Ok if you want internet points but not actually that supportive as a "proper" seat.

10. Hmm... Not sure I agree there Jamie. I sat in a bunch of different seats at Tweeks

Unless you want something with HANS and a full race seat, they were the most supportive and comfortable for me compared to Profi SPG, which were the second choice for me

I'm not interested in style or brands, just something with more support

11. They are more supportive, better quality and cheaper than sportster cs's, seems like a no-brainier to me.

12. Not everyone's cup of tea as they don't recline, which may be where the additional cost is - surely easier and cheaper to make a one piece seat, and they are bigger

However... How do the Recaros mount

I think Matt said he had ktec mounts and the side mounts from Recaro, and a bit of extra work was needed to make it fit well. Just not sure what

I also imagine there's an airbag issue to sort out

13. Lol for me the pole position is the best compromise between comfort, looks, quality and support. The CS gave me back ache, my omp wrc was very supportive but nowhere near as comfortable. Mine came with sliders from a ttrs and yes drilled the holes in to the ktec mounts and boom they are in. Mine still need an airbag resistor. Mine being leather and alcantara still give me the oem+ kind of feel hence why I went with them

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Everyone finds different seats comfier and more supportive, its very much a personal thing, I find the recaros in my brothers ST more supportive than Pole positions tbf

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Cheers odinson.

So KTec mounts.

Where were the sliders from?

16. Yeah this is all starting to come together now. Just what to do with the air bags. Take you just have a warning light on the dash odinson?

17. Whack a resistor across a couple of points I believe - I don't know the details, but have read that as the fix

18. Sound! Just need to find 2k now haha

19. I have just bought 2 new Pole positions & ally sidemounts for £1150.

20. Are you able to share where from?

21. ADN motorsport in Spain

22. Nice one. I guess you contacted them to ask about the aluminium option? I've sent them an email

Anyone else interested? Maybe we could do a group buy...

23. Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  24. T&biskits... what base and slide rails are you going to use?

25. Neilrs....are you going for the recaro universal base and sliders from ADN?

26. Yep

27. Do you reckon this will fit straight into the car?

Then mounts and seat on top?

28. I don't know about the actual base, but I do know a man that can fabricate basically anything and will make them fit ... @cgrautomotive ;-)

I've asked about lead times. If in stock, it's 4 days or so. If not, 3-4 weeks

So I'm probably going to go ahead and order anyway

29. I like the sound of that. And Rotherham isn't too far from me either.

So you're going for universal base and sliders, alloy side mounts and seats?
    Then any nipping at tucking will be done by cgr?

30. Well... give Charlie a call first as I can't volunteer his services on his behalf, but yeah that's the plan

I'm pretty confident the sliders will work with the side mounts, so then it's about the base of the car... and I'm sure some kind of plate can be made if the universal base isn't the right side

31. Hahah i wasn't planning on dropping your name mate don't worry!

Yeah the sliders are Recaro so guessing they should fit with the mounts.

When are you looking to order mate? ASAP?

32. Just been told the seats are now 3-4 weeks for the colour I'm after, so yes... Will place an order this evening

33. Nice! Keep us posted on your progress mate

34. Ordered :smile:

35. Which colour?

36. black leather / black suede

37. exactly what I want. So universal base and mounts all ordered too? Sorry for all the questions mate ha