Snapped Cooksport Spring

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by -KarL-, May 9, 2016.

1. Has anyone had this problem? one of my front springs has just snapped :mad:

Car has maybe done 10/15k since they were fitted so not good!

2. R26

R26

How long since they were put on, time not miles?

3. Been on a couple of years.

4. R26

R26

Have you called them? They may supply a replacement to you discounted as a goodwill gesture, as they should last longer than that.

Many things could have caused it to snap.

5. Yeah i have sent them an e-mail.

I still have the standard springs so putting them back on, was just cheeking if this is a common problem of them snapping.

6. I had one fail after 2 years replaced no quibble f.o.c. as soon as they had stock, excellent customer after sales

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Yeah, i've heard of some snapping before.

They do replace though as said.

8. Ahhh good news on them replacing the spring!

I've got the standard springs put back on anyways, will sell the cooksports once i get the spring replaced.

9. What was your experience of the Cooksports, apart from them snapping? I've got a set waiting to go on to my Cup, wondering if I should just stick with the standard springs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The ride is a bit more harsh but not by much, other than that they have been great.

11. I had one snap. They replaced it no problem but I've changed to coilovers.

12. Wow it's way more common than I thought