UB R26 Blog

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. have fun fitting mate :smile:

this car has to be one of the best UB meganes! so much time, money and effort has gone into this car in such a short amount of time!

keep up the good work :smile:

2. Will do ha ha

cheers pal, thanks for the comments

3. i had the same with the pipe :worried: I get a new from forge....

4. And fitted with no vibrations :-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while I was at it I replaced all my trim clips to these, so much better than standard ones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Daz

Daz

Trim clips look good and sturdy - where did you get them from?

6. They are very good, My local motor factors. Might find some on eBay?

7. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Looks brilliant mate. I need some of them clips. 90% of mine are snapped and just in there for show and not actually doing anything.

8. Yeah those clips look very sturdy. Could be doing with a few myself.

9. Can't find them anywhere on eBay.. I might buy a bulk lot and pass them out... I'll find out how much I can get a bulk lot for

10. Was actually going to suggest that mate. I'll take a good few off you.

11. Another job I've been wanting to do since I've had my megane, but it being low on my list I've left it.

its the normal issue with the handle bits cracking. It's not just a paint its a foil/metal type cover on them. As I found out by slicing my finger when removing it :-/

i decided to cover them with some very similar colour vinyl I had in my garage, if it didn't work I wouldn't be down any cash.

Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1 down 1 to go

12. I'm sure I just read this somewhere lol

13. Good job mate, I can't make out what the 1st picture is though , something green

14. That's the handle part, that's the colour underneath the silver foil material. It just pulls off nicely

15. You've made a good job of that

16. Cheers Steve... Both done and fitted now. What's the black square behind the handle?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. thats the sensor for keyless entry

18. I don't have keyless entry though...? Was the sensors just put there for all r26's?

19. R26

R26

It's just a blanking plate, it does nothing so far as I can tell, I have it too and I'm without keyless.

20. Couple of my fav pics from Cadwell, after all the cash and time I've spent on this car and not even owning it two Years I fancy a MK2 PB Focus :-/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Smart pics Glen :smile:

22. You'd be Mental to sell that glen. You've got it looking brilliant.

23. Cheers guys. I'm keeping for a little longer. It would be a shame the amount of cash I've spent on it in a short space of time.

next up is front bumper and bonnet re spray with clear film added after and rear arches re sprayed

currently sat in the garage all stripped ready for a polish and some AF tough coat Friday night
    [​IMG]

24. No pics :-( but had my drivers side shaft changed over and solved the annoying clicking I had and while I was at mark blacks he noticed that my top engine mount had dropped and this was causing the bad vibrations I had ( I thought it was the forge hard pipe kit I had on and was gonna strip the front end off today to check it out) had another new one there in half hour and fitted as the other one was only 3 months old and failed

cheers

25. From the Renault dealers mate... £30

26. Nice one mate. Super Mark!

27. This is an EPIC thread!

28. Not a massive update but an update

decided to fit some fog blanks as I never use the fogs anyway

nothing planned for it really apart from a decent detail for summer and a DIY job on the rear arches to fill in some stone chips
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. I've been tempted to look for some sort of CAF thing for mine, abit like rallye vents on a 106.

30. They look smart pal. Will really miss your thread if you do sell....Your posts have always inspired me. You remind me of me, but with extra cash.. anyway, hope you keep her but good luck with whatever you choose. P.

31. Will.

Looks decent with the blanks. Been trying to find a UB to see what it looks like. Might do it.

32. The cars looking well mate.
    Looks so much better with the fog lights, think ill order a set from ads when i next place an order.

33. Cheers guys... Poppap7 I won't be selling just yet even though I test drove a nismo juke for a hour (very nice)
    OE head unit back in :-)
    [​IMG]

34. Nismo juke? Not that one that's beats bugattis on the dragway is it?

35. Looks brilliant that, I really want some r wheels now though everyone has them it seems :-(

36. Will.

I still can't make my mind up on the blue center console :/

37. No mate, it's a 1.6 turbo 200 bhp
    [​IMG]
    want one in black though
    [​IMG]

38. Lol it's more subtle to the eye. If ya at oulton park in August for the RS day ya can check it out