UB R26 Blog

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Will do. :smile:

2. Another little update...

After 2 years of owning the Megane I realised that the cig lighter should light up lol so set about getting it apart and fitting a new bulb and all is working fine now and looks spot on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Plasti Dipped my rear view mirror too but didn't have enough to do the whole surround but looks good with just the mirror done and breaks it up nicely
    [​IMG]

Also had a track day yesterday with a mate who owns a Megane R26 too and weather looked good for the day despite rain the night before and ice and fog but cleared to be a very nice day but wind was cold. Left my PS3 tyres on for the first few trips out but didn't really rate them tbh and grip wasn't great and lost the back end twice (not really a track tyre). It dried up and I put my R wheels on and AD08's and was so much better. Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Great pics Glen. Looking clean too! Lost mine once at cadwell and kept putting is sideway with PS3s on at cadwell for some reason. Different car with proper trackday rubber on.

4. Who's is that Mercury Silver Glen?

Nice little touches you've done, I wasnt keen on the blue cig lighter idea when you told me but it actually looks quite good now its fitted.

5. Its a mates who is on here but not much. He just had remap with injectors and running decat and miltek 2.75

6. Who did the photos?

7. How easy was it to pull the cigarette lighter out? I need to replace my bulb...

8. The guys who do the photos for javelin, extreme something. It's easy all you have I do is lift the trim panels up from the handbrake. Takes a minute to get to it

9. I put more detailed instructions in the "what have you done to your car today" thread, if you need them lol.

10. Just read this full thread looking good glen I couldn't believe the pic before the cooksports lol was mine really that high before haha

11. Brilliant day glen, can't wait to do cadwell again using the spare wheels with the nankang track tyres.

12. Popped to see mark and had these fitted "Cazan 330 discs" and a oil change. Meet up with angel as he dropped my discs off for me and went out in the clio running a meg engine and it's very nice :-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and also picked these up for a refurb :-0
    [​IMG]

13. Glen, how many miles have your old Brembo HC's done?

14. Ill pm ya

15. Look good them glen how did ya get your calipers refurbed

16. Not been refurbed yet mate.. Sending them off to a lad on clio197.net

17. Wheres the .R wheels mate?

18. In my garage

19. Ah right the ones fitted in your pics look new lol

20. They are in good nic - some paint chipping lol

21. A sleep in my garage mate

22. nice purchase Glen. sure youll be a fan esp when youve been out on track with them. you'll have to let me know what you think compared to the HC discs as youve used the same pads for both.

Dave

23. I used the DS 1.11 pads at spa along with the 330s, there unreal mate

24. Got a few poor quality pics from my spare callipers that I had refurb from a guy from clio197.net and will get them back Wednesday for a few better pics. Decided on some rs decals even though there plastered all over the car anyway lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. They look mint glen, what does he charge for a full refurb like that

26. £117 posted back to ya

27. Could just do with having a spare set

28. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Look good, need to get myself one more and send them off to be refurbed.

29. Mine will be up for sale soon once I get my new ones fitted. I am waiting on 2 people to get back to me though

30. Callipers fitted
    [​IMG]
    braking fills much smoother if that makes sense lol
    clio wheel I'm going to get re trimmed
    [​IMG]

31. Wheel fitted...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

32. As I said earlier mate, cracking job, really sets it off nicely. Great wheels aren't they, nice and fat!

33. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Looks smart mate

34. Glen likes a chunky girth.

35. Look well that Glen

36. Cheers guys... Fills like I'm driving a gtr lol but stuck in 3rd. It has a lovely fill to it and fills more girthy yes

37. Very nice!

You going to get an insert for the wheel?

38. Not sure??? Was thinking about it and wrapping it in black and the a blue RS decal

39. Looks Great! really nice touch to the Meg cabin imo :cool:

40. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

That looks pretty decent. Half tempted myself. Mine is a bit tired.