UB R26 Blog

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. You should change the SMDs on the dials, aircon and buttons to blue next :wink:

2. Couple of pics from a track day a few of us done on Tuesday at Cadwell Park
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] xol4jr.jpg [/FONT]
    os4fg6.jpg
    303d0yt.jpg
    s4a0c7.jpg
    33z643a.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. Saw this on Instam, glad you didn't sell :smile:

My blue recaro's would finish it off nicely :wink:

4. Looks cracking!

5. Great shots mate, car looks mint.

6. Cracking shots! This has convinced me to put the stickers on mine now

7. looks mint mate

you gonna bob over in july ? ill take you out for some passenger laps :wink:

8. Then I'll take you out for some hot laps when JC has done the parade laps with you lol

9. Cheers peeps... I'm working on the 5th as I'm off this week due to a change but might pop over in the am possibly.

10. Wanted to keep this hush but wanted to tell peeps aswell...

couple of parts to add to my next modification, which will be a full matt wrap in grey with gloss black r alloys and trims. So will pretty much look like this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    booked in for the 10th of November as the company doing it are booked up to then. Great company who are probably the best and this.

11. Yessss will look smart mate!

12. This will look really mean!!! Can't wait to see it

13. Had a passenger side light out and a rear tail light and after searching for a bit I realised I'm gonna have to get at this fuse box under the bay. Was a nightmare job just for a fuse but it's sorted now.
    [​IMG]
    Well both of my outer nipples on my refurbed callipers seemed to be leaking despite being tight enough after a track day and wrecked one of my callipers (well I wasn't happy) so I have just picked up a passenger calliper to be refurbed along with genuine bleed nipples. Gavin sent me a bleed nipple from he's work and it's stopped the leaking.
    [​IMG]
    I also cleaned up the rear discs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And have the other 3 engine mounts to be fitted along with this calliper when it arrives and another brake fluid change
    [​IMG]

14. Removed my decals front/back and sides :-(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    had a couple of miner dints removed
    [​IMG]

15. Superb looking car! Got my calipers also refurbed and waiting till i have some time around for fitting them, hopefully mine don't leak!

16. What made you take the decals off fella?

17. It's being wrapped chriss , matt grey I think

18. Yup, getting it wrapped mate... UB is looking stunning lately though

19. Few more little updates

had some of my trims done in gloss black ready for my wrap in November. My r alloys are going gloss black Monday and then my wing mirrors and centre pillar trim are getting done gloss black too. Most of it was getting wrapped but a mate did the spraying cheap so I decided to have it sprayed.

all mounts changed by diamond motors now too.

diamonds not fitted yet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  20. Just over a month until I get it wrapped (cannot wait lol) think it's gonna look the tits going by this colour...
    [​IMG]

these guys won't be doing the work. Had my R wheels re done gloss black and done my mk3 RS badge and mk3 RS centre letters done Matt red. Car look proper dodgy at the mo but will all full into place soon.

while it's there they fitting the rear 3 lexan windows too and will be getting rid of the blue flocking in the interior soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. So glad you never sold this mate.

It's immaculate :smile: some great attention to detail.

Who did your dents? If you don't mind me asking.

22. Cheers pal.... Dent Devils did my dents, my local guy is fantastic

23. Looking forward to seeing this wrapped mate, I agree and think it will look awesome!

24. Well had the wrap coming up a week now and yes I miss my paint but I also love the matte grey metallic wrap. I'll let the pics do the talking...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So a big change from ultra blue
    My mate got this rolling shot heading to get the wrap done
    [​IMG]
    So with the car being a different colour i decided to change the blue to red which cost me a bit too lol
    Engine bay hoses and intercooler hoses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All blue LEDs to xenon white
    [​IMG]
    And then a filter tank to clean the crappy water I get. Should help with the water spots and won't have to dry the car
    [​IMG]
    Went to paint shield to get the gravel rash areas covered with protection film
    4FF6B9BE-E6EE-46A1-8FD1-7E7E92633C61_zpsiche0qtd.jpg
    F6F5DF2C-531C-4CE5-AFE3-38B6DF8A5E4F_zpsideuy4h2.jpg
    [​IMG]
    78AD5530-D4BD-40FA-9BEE-4455A69EF716_zpsadiznwje.jpg
    I'll update the interior when I've fitted my new clio wheel and show you my blue flocking has gone :-(

Cheers guys

25. MG R26 Blog... You need the thread name changing :wink:

Looks spot on dude as said on FB.

26. ^ lol cheers

27. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

That looks amazing! Such a nice colour.

28. Looks really good, reminds me of a clio 200 raider

29. Stu

Stu

That looks amazing!

Looks like a quality job too, what with the door shuts etc all being wrapped too.

30. Absolutly amazing. That is a top job, didnt realise they could do it all round the door shuts. I bet that wasnt a cheap job.

Looks great though very envious

31. Glen can't you get them to try and do the actual doors , got to be worth a try mate

32. Daz

Daz

I fucking love that!

Oooft I like, I like how neat the paint shield strips are too. So go on scare with me the cost of a wrap then!

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yes!

That looks awesome! Similar colour to what i wanted to get mine done

34. Truely awesome... And attention to detail is off the scale! Can í ask the cost? Also the gravel film kit where was that from and is it something that you can fit yourself??

35. Thanks mate... It's from paint shield in Peterborough who fitted it for me but I'm sure they can send it out and fitting shouldnt be to hard.

cost me £1800 inc double wrapping front bumper and a single wheel refurb

36. Looks absolutely fantastic Glen, superb attention to detail, great work.

37. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Love the de-wipered rear window

38. That's not a bad price at all!! Beats a full on respray thats for sure!! Cool í might contact them for the gravel protection when í get my cars bodywork sorted next spring... And maybe a front end kit if they have a fitter in london :smile:

...awesome work though Losi!!

39. Cheers guys...

No more blue interior now with new black flocking and new wheel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40. Love that wrap, it looks brilliant !

Are those the plastic windows from the guy on MeganeSport (I've got them fitted too)