UB R26 Blog

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Cheers.. Yup they have been taken out again now...

2. Woahhhhh!!!

If only they came in that colour.

Fantastic mate, proper love that.

Glad you didn't sell :wink:

3. Proper job that. Plastic windows?

4. Steering wheel looks great and interior looks much nicer with the black flocking, good stuff!

5. Daz

Daz

Interior looks a million times better!

That blue used to hurt my eyes :smile:

6. It looks stunning. Well done.

7. Who did the flocking and how much?

8. Cheers guys and yes was plastic windows but removed them and fitted standard ones (massive headache) The flocking was £100 and done by Phoenix autosport on facebook nut he is in kimbolton Huntingdon. The guy who does the re trimmed steering wheels said he would do the 5 dash pieces in alcatntara for £150 but all my trims was £100

9. What happened with the plastic ones mate, I was worried that if they ever need removed the black border might come off ?

10. Nah the paint didn't come off. Just not good enough for me.. Scratched, holograms in the plastic and didn't cover trim inside

11. Have you any detailed pics of the old plastic windows? Was that Jack at royal?

12. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Plastic windows more suited to track cars not show cars then?

Ive got a set to fit to mine eventually and they look bang on I think. What did you use to attach them?

13. Nope... Windows went in the bin mate. And yes Jack. He is doing me a trimmed knob and gaitor.

yes track cars mate, a window guy fitted them but just the normal window sealant/glue. But I dont want to spend £800 on the renault ones and car does go on track
    [​IMG]

14. Awesome. Which ones did you buy out of interest? For the hastle I think I'll stick to the glass.

15. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Car looks fantastic in that wrap!

16. Finally caught up on your thread mate!

The colour change really looks amazing mate and really makes the car stand out from the crowd :smile: looks a nightmare to keep clean though.
    The steering wheel is a nice touch and after seeing pics of yours and Daves i want a retrimmed 197 wheel for my car.

Have you had any issues with the poly windows yet? I want a set for mine, but dont want to have to rivet them into place.
    Where did you get you interior parts flocked?

Anymore plans for the car?

17. Cheers mate. The windows are out as I couldn't live with them (message me on FB if ya want to know) and a guy local to me done my flocking, in fact you have liked the page on FB from before.

and no plans I know of apart from clutch when it goes. And change the wheel to a clio one

18. having a catch up on your thread glen and i must say the wrap looks excellent as does the new wheel. we'll definatly have to meet up next year at cadwell or perhaps the clio sport meet at blyton for a few laps.

keep up the good work mate

Dave

19. Ill have a look on facebook and see if i can find the link. Nobody in Scotland seems to do flocking (local to me anyways)

Ill look into the clio wheel mate, as my standard wheel is starting to get a big grubby after 5 years of my dirty mechanic hands using it daily.

20. Cheers Dave, yeah had my eye on that clio meet.

Had some decent pics taken on Saturday and here are a few of my favourites
    15771561750_7559c37b1f.jpg
    Glen's Matte Grey R26 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
    15958730655_003f580c10.jpg
    15956802991_29ae2e2017.jpg
    15339329203_a1de4b0d5c.jpg
    15336824384_2860201d7f.jpg
    15336882514_9f8f851409.jpg
    15959266885_463c03a947.jpg
    15959297245_e7bc8ee199.jpg
    15773377139_dd3efc9d07.jpg
    15772218258_ffa639f147.jpg

21. Epic Looks amazing

22. Great Thread mate - the interior is looking so slick, and saw the awesome wrap on facebook but didn't fully appreciate the detail on the badges and wheels - totally epic
    :smile:

23. Looks amazing mate

I wouldn't be missing UB if I was you

24. Daz

Daz

Who did the flocking fella? It's probably in here somewhere but the babies crying :smile:

25. Search Phoenix autosport on Facebook, if ya not on there pm and I'll give you the number

26. Daz

Daz

Got it cheers fella

27. Not much has happened lately due to the crap weather but I did manage to fit some carbon fibre washer blanks and a rear wiper blank and due to removing the bumper I remembered this time round to remove a tiny piece of material inside the headlight that bugs me every time I was it.

Have some rear beam power flex bushes coming too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Your mad, thought you were selling up mate

29. Lol... Decided against it. I like it today ha ha

30. Look good Glen, carbon suits the wrap colour nicely.

Looks like it needs a wash though :wink:

31. Yup lol hating myself for putting a dirty pic up lol

cheers

32. lol :smiley: I know what you mean, I *hate* this time of year! no good when you have OCD :eek:

33. love this car that wrap is sooo nice! :smile:

34. Few more bits to add

had some power flex rear beam bushes fitted and its stiffened the rear up nicely
    [​IMG]
    my gear gaiter and gear knob now matches my interior and clio 200 wheel
    [​IMG]
    also had my OE track wheels shot blasted and powder coated red as I now run my R wheels all year round.
    [​IMG]
    and a few shots from the RS Tuning meet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    love nathans alien green Meg

35. Where did you get the rear beam bushes done and how much did they charge? Mine are shot and need them sorting really...

36. Mark can do them for £160 fitted

37. Mark can supply and fit for £160

38. this was my favorite car on the day.

got a couple of pics hope you dont mind me sharing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39. Did Mark do yours mate?

40. sweet, cheers Canky. Yes he did mate