#Under8

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Will., Apr 16, 2014.

1. Love the wheels and door sills! Not so keen on the rear quater sticker though, looks like it has a full interior too so no cage?

2. 2 weeks after I received my new 265, that s*cs.
    Other than that, I love it

3. Looks nice ... Shame no cage .. Maybe an optional extra

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Right. Well. Disappoint tbh.

5. Me to! Shame it doesn't have more power! And really don't like the decals on the sides!

Interior looks good though!

6. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

How do you know there isn't more to come? It isn't 16th June yet...

7. Like what?

8. Will.

Oh it's June they release it? :blush:

I hope there is more to come then!

9. Looks nice, the option list could be quite expensive mind with the ohlins, wheels etc not being on the 'base' 275 trophy.

10. Looks good.

I have to admit, even with Renault not being in my good books at the moment, I'm very tempted.

I do wonder how much the add-ons will be though.

11. Not impressed with that but saying that I wasn't expecting another R26.R. Lol at all those who said they were making the next 'R'

12. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

i like it.

13. dissapointed, just like the red bull edition with aestetics. Also it speaks of rear seats and normal recaros no buckets or harnesses. No details on weight yet.

THIRTY EIGHT THOUSAND EUROS base price! that's with the Ohlins and Cup tyres as options - mad!

14. any turini's as an option!

so 38k euros for a 265 with akra exhaust (prob the 10bhp)

15. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

UK pricing hasn't been announced yet, and there's never any correlation between Euro pricing and UK pricing as they're completely different markets.

Pricing is announced early June.

16. Will.

17. Thanks Will

18. Will.

No problem :smile:

19. So if there's no ( or even a little ) additional power how are they planning to make up so much time over the old trophy?

Also noticed it has sat nav. So have they incoporated the RS monitor into the nav screen or binned it off?

20. V2 RS Monitor is on the sat nav screen now - part of the new infotainment system Renault have.

The additional horsepower and tyres will make quite a difference, as will those dampers if they're set-up correctly. There were rumours that the last Trophy got around quicker too, but not on the timing day.

I'd quite like one I have to admit! Not sure I can justify one over the 250 though really.

21. The michelin pilot sport cups will make the biggest difference they're probably up to 10seconds faster than r888's.

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

At last, TBH all the current Megane needed to go sub 8 was sticky tyres and a little more power, With the Ohlins suspension and lighter wheels it should easily do it, I recon High 7.40's or low .50's are going to be achievable.

Few parts will find their way onto mine, Alcantara trimmed parts for one

23. was relieved when I saw this

was thinking it was going to be a newer R26R and prices would drop on the current one

24. It shows how right Renault got it with the 250 in the first place really. I love the tweaks to the interior on the 275 though. Helps lift it up a bit. The alcantara bits look great.

25. Even if it was stripped and caged with carbon bonnet etc. I don't reckon it'd affect R26R prices at all.

Cant sit here and say im not a little gutted my current trophy is being replaced with a more focused driving machine, like many I'd love to upgrade but have only had mine a year!

26. Still going to be over 30k as a base price, plus ohlins, plus turinis plus cup 2 tyres gona be bloody expensive when you could get a 250, rst remap, 3inch exhaust and well sorted suspension for under 15k. Less than half a 275 for the same car!

it needed exclusivity, roll cage, buckets, no rear seats, plastic windows, more than 10bhp increase all imo of course!

27. Told you it wouldn't happen :wink:

28. Completely agree as I think most will.

29. Rah!

30. clever git :tongueout: apart from the lovely seats, you could just buy a decent 250 for silly money and do exactly what matty w said, even if you had some recaros re trimmed the same it would still come in at less than 15 k and have an extra 30 bhp. Nice car and will be a good buy in 18 months when the arse has fallen out of the value.R26.R anyone:rolleyes:

31. Martin,don't be corse. its not .... its bottom. I certainly would not be tempted.

32. i won't be getting one pops, just got the R how i want it :cool:

33. And it will be worth more than the 275 in 3 years time :wink:

34. Your R is bang on Martin, 2nd to mine of course lol, and does everything and more you ask of it.

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Be spending over 15k to get a 250 sorted with proper suspension, Looking at 4-5k alone for a setup comparable to the Ohlins....

36. Don't need 5k ohlins, no one on here would got the best out of them, cheap BCs would do for most on track or 2k for ASTs , good tyres , good pads and a map , job done

37. Why does everyone keep banging on about the r26r!? Who cares! The new car looks good, nice to see a proper set of Ohlins suspension being used, wonder if they've adjusted the camber.

38. Im sure I could get a 250 all done for 16k easy, be one hell of a car for track days

39. If you want a decent trackday car buy a clio II cup car, you can pick them up for 10k would destroy a r26r, this new trophy and many others.