Front brake options.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by chris, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Could we use this thread to post up all options available for the megane with regards to front brake discs?

Could save numorous threads in the future?

variety of 2 piece discs and single piece please with links current prices and any relevant discount codes.

Many thanks chris.

2. You've started something here mate, PF 330s with DS1.11 pads , can't get much better braking set up than that but comes with a price

3. Whats everyones recommendations for road use? HC disks with DS2500 pads?

4. Perfect with DS 2500s in the rear as well mate

5. Thanks pal

6. Drilled brembos Ds 2500s goodridge brake lines...average IMO saved me a few times but don't be going for ds2500s next time

7. See here we go, I've ran loads of different pads, DS 2500s are mint IMO , brilliant on the road and the same on track , but this thread will get lovers and haters of what ever people use, what some prefer some will hate , best off trying some

8. And by the way drilled standard discs are shite which is why most bin them for HCs

9. Stu

Stu

10. Alcon Discs,Carbotech pads on front. Ds2500 pads rear. I ran ds 2500 on front for over a year, including eight track days. After Spa, they were ......,(insert a rude word!.) My son Martin,very,very,kindly replaced them with the Carbotech. The stopping power is fantastic,and i will only use these in future. As i have been told they are quite expensive, donations will be gratefully received!!.

11. This on the road pal? My r26 is only used on the road atm.

12. Yes mate. Bite from cold is abit weary but once warmed their decent

13. Bah, rubbish

i ran brembo hc's, decent fluid and ds2500's and they were fine, even from cold.

yer they are no race pad, cl6 is the best pad ive used but complete overkill.

Ds2500 put up with a day at snetterton too and that has 2 130mph braking areas. All you need for the road.

14. Come on guys don't forget links to the kit.

Ideally then hen this thread can be a one stop shop for reference to brake disc/pad choices.

15. Best place to get DS2500's?
    After the track day at Snetterton in November I think I may need new pads. Lol

16. G172 on cliosport best prices I could find at the time

17. JJC race and rally are good

18. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Ksport 8 pot calipers and 356mm floating disc kit that not any better?

19. I think I'll be going for brembo if plain for the moment and then the Godspeed 330 kit when funds allow.

20. the price of them though :eek:

21. I have just fitted Ferodo DS UNO pads to the front of my Megane, along with the the normal braided hoses and Motul RBF660 fluid.

Inital feel on the road is that inital bite comes into play after a few stabs of the pedal.. Once warm the pedal feel is great, loads of bite and easy to modulate. - Trackday this Saturday at Rockingham so I can give more feedback then. - Although judging by the temps/Muh (co-efficent of friction table) adfertised on Ferodos website they should be more than capable enough.

Ceramic compound too, so should last a whole lot longer then DS2500/3000.. We shall see.

22. You'll love them, my mate has them on his 250 Cup and they're brilliant.

After a couple of Trackdays his got a bit noisey but nothing to complain about.

23. Yeah, bit of squeek isn't an issue!

Hopefully they wont warp the disks.. Thats my only concearn. Only running new OEM drilled disks that I bought the car with..

24. He is using them with standard 250 Cup discs and they're fine, though they are wearing pretty quickly.
    So long as you do a cool down lap they'll be sound.

25. The discs or the pads wearing fast? - I'd imagine the discs, as the pads are ceramic and rumoured to last roughly double that of DS3000 (of whcih I also rate highly!)

26. Pads were great at Rockingham... pedal feel was great, nice modulation and consistent through the heat cycle. Warped the standard drilled discs though that were fairly new. even in the wet conditions. I always do 2 cool down laps every time I go out too, so hopefully some Brembo HC plain discs will negate this issue. as ideally I don't want to go 330mm..

http://youtu.be/1KETCHt7qF0 - Video goes blank at 7 mins, no idea why..

27. Good to hear your enjoying them (they were wearing the discs quickly)

28. I was enjoying your videos of the Golf until that roll :worried:

29. Yes that was ex BTCC and WTCC 'star' Harry Vaulkhard proving his skills! Car was repaired luckily! - I even managed to shake his hand afterwards

30. Hi Guys,

Whats the product code for the Brembo HC disc's front and back please?

Also are the Brembo Max (grooved) worth the extra £?

31. Bump :smile:

32. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

They don't list rear discs or max discs

c2868bc17e12dcc23e6d968a63cd19db.jpg

33. It worries me they say the caliper May need modification?

34. I spent £700 on discs from Cazan Racing and apparently they were from Reyland. Absolute crock of shite. Fronts were out of true and bearings in the rears shot after less than 4k miles.

35. Ohhh dear! Thought Reyland was supposed to be gd? Put me off now lol

wheres best for 330mm then? Godspeed?

36. Dont let it put you off mate. Others on here have had them and got on fine but others have also had issues too. I've gone back to OEM discs while I get the fronts checked out. If they can be sorted I'll put them back on as they work well, I just can't be doing with the vibration through the steering on braking.