Christophers LY R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by chris, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hi guys, so I've not done one of these over here yet and I've somewhat neglected my threads on other forums.

So here we go, I'm going to give it a bash.

I used to be a regular on ClioSport.net, some may remember me/my car from over there. I had a black 172 that I aquired completly standard and aded a few subtle mods. It went through several phases but was always spotlessly clean and ran 180bhp so was fairly nippy. Fav mod was the suspension set upt AST topmounts with H&R coilovers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sold the 172 and shortly after it was written off by the new owner :worried:
    [​IMG]

Now onto the megane.

I trawled the UK looking for 'The one' and one tured up about a mile from my house:
    Totally standard
    FSH
    MINT

So a few pennis later and it was mine :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First of all I had to get the xenon look back that I missed so much from my 172, HID's were installed shortly after purchase along with full LED conversion and silvervisions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added some stickers to the seat bases
    [​IMG]
    The offending sweet wrapper was promptly removed...

2. Next up was some noise, I missed the noise of my old Yozza race but thought the DIY induction would suffice...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time for some Mud flaps and engine bay tarting!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The inevitable happend and an .r spoiler fell onto it...
    [​IMG]

Short Shift
    [​IMG]

One thing I'd always hated was the horrid cream rear view so out came the plasti-dip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Number plates looked tired so got some UK legal pressed ones and made up some surrounds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First track action at silverstone, got to say the meg was epic. My friends Supra struggled as I caught up with him from about 6 cars back.
    [​IMG]

My exhaust mounts had also seen better days as can be seen above... sured the new ones up with racing ties :wink:
    [​IMG]
    Old vs New
    [​IMG]

Jumped on the band wagon and got a winner racing cooler
    [​IMG]

Also got on the GB for RS tuning which brings me up to date :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Future plans involve banging some emails between myself and paul and hitting the magic 300/300 or as close as I can get!

3. Dan

Dan

Looking good..

you must have been happy to fine a nice one.. (And so close to home)

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Looks good. Decent lot of updates.

5. Very nice! Might have to copy you on the rear view mirror, looks loads better.

6. Cars looking good mate and glad to see youve had it on track already. Good low miles as well.

Dave

7. Cheers fella's depending on bonus I'll be buying some cooksport springs. Oh forgot to mention had the camvelt done at BTM two services done there aswell as ferodo ds2500 pads on the front and OEM rears.

Also as soon as a few bodywork blemishes are sorted I'll be doing a full paint correction and replacing decals that need replacing.

Also have a few carbon bits to go on Sat in my room.

8. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

V nice, clio looked smart too.

9. Car looks ace mate...you considered making any plate surrounds to order?

10. Cheers guys, I have considered making the plate surrounds yes. If I have enough interest I''ll make some up. I'm just looking into costings atm.

11. Put me on the list please.....I live it on the rear and the front is growing on me too.

12. Love ..

13. Really tasteful mods!!

14. Okay chaps, will see what costing is saying first.

And thanks for all the compliments. :-)

15. Freshly washed and a few bits plasti_dipped today.

16. Is it easy enough to use?

17. Piece of cake mate.

If you mess it up you just peel it right back off.

18. Good stuff. Will look into getting some. Few bits n bobs i was thinking about spraying.
    Who's is the Audi A5 Cab?

19. Strong enough for wheel bolts?

20. Good spot! The cab is my dads. He's had it 9 months and only done about 1k miles in it if that!

which bits you thinkin of doing?

i wouldn't think it was strong enough for the bolts but there's one guy on here that reckons that it is?

21. Cheers pal. Sorry if I caused ya hassle over the surrounds....:eek:

22. Quite funny that your house has a LY Meg and a Grey A5 Cab.

Heres my household:

[​IMG]

23. That's spooky!

My R26 is about to change exterior wise as I start to feed an old obsession. Which will no doubt hurt my wallet.

24. I sense a carbon addiction...

25. I can neither confirm or deny ;-)

26. i can x

27. Lol I'd always wanted one for my 172 so when you said you had it at that price Ad I pretty much had to have it.

28. you know you will get more than that when you take it off anyway :wink:

29. Also have this to go on.... [​IMG]

30. Oh hai. Genuine carbon bonnet from Ad. Muchas grassy arse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

31. Will.

Where did you get that gear knob top??

32. haha looking good mate!

33. Cheers ad.

@will it's from streamline carbon.

34. Will.

Damn. Costly then.

35. Nice mate :-) lovely touches

how do you remove the whole rear mirror unit?

36. Cheers guys, it slides onto two metal rails if you push it up from the base Towards the roof it should come off.

37. Really love your knob :wink:

Car looks awesome , combination of the carbon hood with the LY is really great!

38. Not the the first time someone's said that as it happens ;-)

As for those interested in the plate surrounds I will be making/selling some but as minimum order is 100 I'll have to wait till the end of this month.

39. Thats fine by me im skint anyway ha ha