UB R26 Blog

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Losi_8_boy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Picked up on 9/6/11
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gave it a wash once home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    De-Badged
    [​IMG]
    Rocket's Frame Decals Fitted
    [​IMG]
    Panel Filter/Forge DV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Head Unit + Sub Fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Polorised TPI Bolts Fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Engine Cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Thats lovely! I just picked up my 175 DCi in the same colour. I love it :smiley:

3. Back box chop done.
    [​IMG]
    well removed my forge dv and fitted a straight forge pipe and have yet to fit my air box forge pipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pain in the ass without a rachet lol
    And centre console vinyled black, not sure though???
    [​IMG]
    My new plates from the missus
    [​IMG]
    Next some interior changes
    [​IMG]
    Sneak peak off centre console :-) yum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Needs a Hoover lol
    It looks fantastic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Another little sneak peak, Got a few bits to add soon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some interior shots with bits fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Plasti Dip bits to hide the yellow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some clean pics now after Russ had it for the day and my new R. Spoiler fitted thanks to Steve. Ready for FCS
    7180362311_663df9a8bc_c.jpg
    7365591788_35c51c4f8b_c.jpg
    7365592640_f61f4de47b_c.jpg
    7180367231_cc713051d2_c.jpg
    7365595020_ed8a802c90_c.jpg
    7180363103_8efbd3dc05_c.jpg

5. The amount of shine on this last photo is unreal! love this car and the spec since i know there is more to be updated :smile:

6. Forge Valve
    [​IMG]
    Few of my own pics after a dust off wash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nearly RB LOL
    [​IMG]
    Ok... Another little update
    Cambelt is due in September and along with that im getting a brake upgrade from OE
    My brakes are shocking, I've had new brake pads fitted (OE) and better boiling point fluid but not much difference.
    So I'm going with HC discs, ds 2500 pads and some Mr Pink pins.

[​IMG]
    Decided to get some tips instead of a 3" k tec system so have some money for more goodies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to aj03mav for these
    And my forge clamps I quite like them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well finished fitting them today... Had a few issues with aligning the tips up so made some spacers up for the exhaust mounts and look about as good as a Renault can get :-@
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the money shot :-/
    [​IMG]
    Well decided to get some dci 175 rear plain discs to match my HC plain fronts I have ready to fit on my next service (5yr) and got some oil and filter too,anyone use this shell oil? seems ok in the way of reviews
    [​IMG]
    Scangauge in
    [​IMG]

7. Well wanted my a pillars done in alcantara but with all my other flocked bits done I thought it was only right to get them done the same way.
    Black with a 5% tinge of grey in there to match my seats. Will get pics with them fitted tomorrow when I collect them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ready for cambelt, WP, thermostat F&R discs and pads and oil change
    :-)

[​IMG]
    Just fitted new injectors and some from mud guards
    [​IMG]
    Well I was deciding between the ITG kit and the K tec kit and this one from davidh blog.
    After sending a few pm's to Davidh I decided to go with this one with a Forge 90 degree reducing hose and a forge hose joiner and the ITG jc60/73 filter.
    Thanks to davidh :-) will be fitted soon. Total cost £85 with new hose clips

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After messing about with the kit a few times I'm happy with it and a few pics of it fitted now.
    It's not a noisy as people say after a few miles with it but it pulls so so much better up the rev range now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another step closer to what i wanted for the meg, i was after OE wheels or the R26R wheels and these came up pretty cheap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Want to get them refurbed but not sure what colour??? Anthracite or Fluorescent Orange?
    And a helmet for track days i wanna start doing next year
    [​IMG]
    Just waiting for the cooksport lowering springs now and thats it for a while coz the missus will nut me othwerwise.

8. Fitted them today to see what they look like, In the pics they don't go but face to face they look good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Missus got me these for Xmas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well got my wheels back fully refurbed in OE anthracite and they look spot on,
    Just ordered some planet polish wheel seal + shine for better protection from brake dust.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wheels all sealed up with planet polish wheel seal + shine and wrapped up in they bags.
    And I said I wasn't gonna get these springs for a while but after seeing Edinnit black meg I had to get some and they getting fitted tuesday along with my hub bearings.
    Thanks to Josh for next day delivery

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Springs fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gave it a scrub today and fitted my R wheels ready for cadwell on Saturday :-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Well seems as my bodged cv clip has let loose again and clip is missing. Swapped my wheels over today back to r26 wheels after Cadwell Saturday, So awaiting cost of fitting a new cv kit fitting.
    Few pics from Saturday @ Cadwell Park

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well I was in the process of buying a 2nd hand forge cooler from a member but someone snapped it up before me :-/ you know who you are lol
    So ordered one new from Paul @ RS tuning and turns up today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1 step closer too stage 2
    Cooler fitted today (haven't been out in it yet) but sounds mental when revving with my induction kit, it's so loud. Never noticed it that loud before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had my right side engine mount changed and cv clip drivers side on Monday by Mark Black. That's both OE cv clips gone on me know
    Fitted my scangauge at the top where the clock display is.
    Can see it so much easier there

[​IMG]
    Forge actuator turned up today
    [​IMG]
    Actuator fitted thanks to Ed
    [​IMG]
    Booked in with Rs Tuning on the 3rd may for a run and tweak
    @ RS Tuning today for a tweak after my mods fitted but Paul didn't touch it as it was all running perfect, so was just a power run, Made 7bhp.
    Fitted my actuator spot on and boost holds for longer now and can really fill it.

To get anymore power I'm looking at upgraded injectors
    [​IMG]
    First
    [​IMG]
    Second
    [​IMG]
    Next day delivery on a new radiator from fastrads
    Think I have a minor leak so might as well change it over (hopefully its the rad)
    Cheap @ £62 posted but a few have fitted one and no complaints yet, 2 year warranty as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Had my rad fitted thanks to Dan Lewis, took us a hour from start to finish so very good timing. Turns out there wasnt a leak but some damaged fins from a jubilee clip i lost over a year ago from removing the dump valve lol it had stuck itself to the rear of the radiaror a was rubbing in a few places
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Steven878 made me pull my finger out and get this done. Been wanting to do it for ages and to be honest didn't take that long, 3 n half hours I'd say.
    Problem is the rest now lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These turned up today
    [​IMG]
    Trial fitted my harness today and fitted the brackets. Not a bad job really
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This arrived today at the cost of £26 all in :-/ £9 postage
    Saves scratching the flocked part every time I fit the harness :-0 anal I know lol

[​IMG]
    Anyway removed my seats today and fitted the rear brackets and then took it for a hoooon :-) fills so much better than standard belts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well that was a long copy and paste, next up for the meg is a 6th year service with goodbridge braided hoses and a 3'' Ktec decat. Just picked up two new yokos AD08 for a few track days coming up. Pics to follow :rolleyes:

11. cheers guys....

12. Car looks great! Jelous of your harnesses :worried:

13. Ho where to start, stunning mods mate. Think I need to get working harder to get mine shinning like yours (no chance). What do you use to wash and shine mate ? Where can I get myself some of those decals for the side of the seats with the make number and F1 on ?

14. Nice Glen

Although some if the pics arnt showing up for me ?

15. Cheers mate, all look good to me. Not quite sure :-/ maybe refresh your page or something lol

16. Got my 6th year service coming up in September and got this lot getting done along with pollen filter and a gearbox oil change
    [​IMG]
    two new tyres for my track wheels as other two are nearly at an end
    [​IMG]
    and a pic I took while checking for a leak I thought I had :-@
    [​IMG]

17. Daz

Daz

^^^^ looks great!

Strangely I think it looks nicer on the standard wheels than on the .R ones!

18. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I can't wait to get my standard wheels, they look so nice.

19. Few updates...

new rsmegane decals and sun visor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then had fitted...

3" decat
    3" ktec exhaust
    braided lines
    oil/filter change
    Brake fluid change
    plugs
    Thanks to mark black
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poor car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    booked into RS tuning on the 25th for bigger injectors and a tweak and got cadwell park on the 26th.

Picked up a go pro to record how crap I am on the track ha ha :-@
    [​IMG]

20. how you finding the full 3" exhaust system?

whats the swivel hub off the car for?

21. Getting the decat on I'm guessing?

22. iv never fully removed the hub assembly when doing a decat, so thought the hub bearings were being done at the sametime :smile:

23. Sounds mental but haven't blasted it yet as watching injectors until the 25th

24. You should gain a fair bit more torque from the exhaust system.
    I want another silencer in my system as it too loud for my liking!

when you forging the engine and fitting a hybrid? Lol

25. When it goes bang lol

26. Just replaced all 3 exhaust mounts

@ RS tuning again today and had 630 injectors fitted and a map and made some nice figures over my stage 1
    null_zpsbc374ecc.jpg

27. Lovely graph mate! Jealous of the power! How does it feel over stage 1?

28. Fantastic lol pulls better and gets up quicker :-)

29. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Nice graph! I'm looking at getting a map at RS tuning done soon. What's needed for stage 2? Decat, injectors and....?

30. Intercooler really and depends on your injectors as there good for stage 2 but mine where at 98% duty on stage 1 extra I suppose help figures

31. Makes power quick! Maintains 300lb easy too, enjoy!

32. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Intercooler. I always forget that one. Got a few things to do before the MOT next month before I can start the stage 1 / 2 work :worried:

33. Fmic is a must, the std one is so so so poor, heat soak really quick (ive watched std ones lose 5bhp a run on the dyno!)

34. IC, DP, Actuator and DV are the must on stg2, Nice graph

35. Dump Valve isn't.

36. I mean diverter valve (Recirculation valve) Helps on holding peacs. Is not but counts

37. Ah right. Yeah I've got a forge recirc valve fitted and found the boost held it slightly longer than it did with a dump valve.

38. Next little mod I was looking at doing in the future but got this at a bargain price of £45

boost pipes come from steven878 for free which I picked up from RST cheers mate, got the bracket welded back on and as good as new

And the hoses I picked up from a member on here, so a few new hose clips and a 6mm bolt for the sensor I'm good to fit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gonna get the fitted monday
    Lovely pic from cadwell
    [​IMG]